At PAVE, we believe in the power of holding space for parent leaders to not only meet with one another but with community stakeholders and partners to build community and amplify the diverse voices of our city!
Each year, PAVE hosts a number of special events to connect, inform, and empower parent leaders to give families in DC a voice and choice in the vision for education in our city. And with hard work, comes the joy of celebrating doing this work together, and if you know PAVE, then you know we love to celebrate with a great party!
We love welcoming new faces in the PAVE family! Learn more about our events and how to register below!
We’ve Had A Busy Year Already At PAVE!
DC Parent Voice and Choice Week!
- Breakfasts and lunches where PAVE parents shared their stories and policy statements with DC elected officials.
- Check out pictures from this year’s DCPVCW here!
Mayor’s Budget Forums
- PAVE parent leaders attended budget forums to advocate for their chosen policy priorities: #MentalWellnessWins and #Gr8SchoolsinEveryWard.
- Learn more about PAVE parent leaders #parentpriorities for the last three years here!
PAVE Family and Community Engagement Forum
Over the first two weeks of April,
- PAVE conducted a Coronavirus Parent Impact Survey understand specifically how this pandemic is impacting kids, parents, and families.
- PAVE also conducted a Coronavirus School Leader Impact Survey to understand the challenges school leaders are facing and the challenges faced by their families.
- PAVE Parents’ met virtually to create their Statement of Beliefs on a Family-Centered Response to Coronavirus in DC.
Ward-based Candidates Forums
- PAVE parent leaders met with running DC Council candidates in Wards 4, 7, and 8 to ask them the hard questions to ensure DC kids’ education is a top priority. Watch here!
PAVE #Vote4DCKids Summit
PAVE Town Halls
- PAVE parent leaders met with budget influencing elected officials to amplify and ensure their #DCSchoolsRecovery priorities are reflected in the FY21 budget. Watch here!
PAVE Jammin’ with DJ OhMyJah: Juneteenth – A Celebration of Freedom.
PAVE Coffee Chat on Health and Safety at School in Light of COVID-19 with Dr. Nathaniel Beers from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- 7/24 Coffee Chat with School Leaders
- 7/27 Coffee Chat with Parents, Grandparents, and Caregivers
PAVE Town Halls continue
- PAVE parent leaders continue to meet with budget influencing elected officials to amplify and ensure their #DCSchoolsRecovery priorities are reflected in the final FY21 budget vote. Watch here!