Why join a Board?
PAVE offers opportunities for parents to serve on the Parent Leaders in Education (PLE) Boards that are Ward-specific as well as population-specific to bring together parents of diverse backgrounds and connect them through a shared passion for education and change.
- Click here to see a full list of our PLE Boards to help you identify which board(s) best speak to your passion for education!
PLE Board members serve as leaders who drive PAVE’s actions and education campaigns with support from PAVE staff by:
- Deepening their knowledge of the DC public education system, critical issues, and the policymaking process;
- Working together with other parents to identify and create change on the education issues that are important to them and other parents across DC;
- Learning how to organize other parents and their communities towards action;
- Leading meetings and building relationships with elected officials to understand how policy is created; and
- Taking back the reins of education so that the system is created by and with parents, rather than just for parents.
PAVE PLE Boards
Do you want to strengthen the schools in your community?
At the PAVE Parent Policy Summit, parent leaders voted on the issue areas of focus for PAVE’s work in the current year. Now, PAVE parent leaders will take action.
PAVE Parent Leaders in Education Board (PLE Board) members are part of a team. Sometimes, when one parent leader says something, someone might listen. But it’s hard to ignore a group of parent leaders standing together, saying the same thing!
Members of Parent Leaders in Education Boards:
- Meet monthly to connect with other parent leaders, education stakeholders, policymakers, and elected officials to discuss the issues that matter to YOU.
- Participate in critical trainings that will empower you as a leader in your community and a voice for education reform in the District.
- Lead parent conversations with elected officials and play a critical role in shaping the policies that will impact our schools.
¿Quieres fortalecer las escuelas de tu Comunidad?
PAVE Parent Leaders in Education Board (PLE Board) members son parte de un equipo A veces, cuando un padre líder dice algo, alguien puede escuchar. ¡Pero es difícil ignorar a un grupo de padres líderes que se unen y dicen lo mismo!
Miembros de las juntas de padres líderes en educación:
- Se reúnen mensualmente para conectarse con otros padres líderes, otras partes interesados en la educación, formuladores de políticas y funcionarios electos para discutir los asuntos que le interesan.
- Participan en capacitaciones críticas que los capacitan como líder en su comunidad y una voz para la reforma educativa en el Distrito.
- Dirigen las conversaciones de los padres con los funcionarios electos y juegue un papel fundamental en la configuración de las políticas que afectarán a nuestras escuelas.