Thank You for Attending
the 2018 PAVE Parent Policy Summit
Saturday, May 19, 2018
9am – 1pm
Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom PCS Campus
3700 Oakview Terrace NE, Washington, DC 20017
The Second-Annual PAVE Parent Policy Summit was a Success!
On Saturday, May 19th, parents and caregivers from across DC took the lead and decided the direction that PAVE will take in the next year!
The PAVE Parent Policy Summit (P3 Summit) gave parents a chance to share the very issues that they have identified as most critical to their children’s education. Parent voted for the two issue areas that they believe should be the focus of parent leaders’ work in the coming year. By the end of the event, they created a parent-driven policy agenda for PAVE, and saw parents and attendees come together around education issues in our city, as we work to build an education system that is created not just for, but by and with families.
The two issues PAVE will focus on in the coming year are:
Transparent Citywide School Funding
Mental Health Supports and Trauma-Informed Training for All Schools
View the PAVE organization Prospectus
- 2017-2018 Overview
- Mental Health Supports in Schools
- Funding for DC Schools
- DC School Budgets
- At-Risk Funding in DC Schools
- The Power in Our DC Public Education System
- Public Schools in DC: DCPS and Charter Schools
- Policy Rundown 2017
- Community-Centered Leadership Selection
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and DC’s State Education Plan
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the State School Report Card
- Out of School Time (OST) Programs
- Special Education
Thank You to our Resource Fair Participants
Check Out Photos from the Event!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.