To help parents learn more about the DC education system, PAVE hosts trainings and workshops about education policies and issues throughout the city.
As a PAVE parent leader, you can host an event at your school, chair a meeting with an elected official, attend trainings and workshops, and help to get more families involved in education policy in our city.
Contact PAVE at email@example.com to meet with a member of the PAVE family and learn more!
We give you the tools and information to advocate for your children
PAVE helps parents understand the education system, build relationships with elected officials and policymakers, and lead and organize other families in advocating for policy change. This work allows PAVE parents to become regular and consistent advocates, an informed constituency, and grassroots community leaders. PAVE approaches all decisions with focus on the following long-term goals:
- PAVE parents will identify, understand, advance, and achieve policy objectives that promote and support great public schools for all children.
- PAVE will build and sustain access to and accountability within school choice for all families in DC, so that all parents can meaningfully access the best schools for their children.
- PAVE will create a culture of parent leadership that transforms the way parents engage in the design and development of the education system in DC.
You can view our organization prospectus here, and our policy one-pagers below:
- 2018-2019 Overview
- 2017-2018 Overview
- Mental Health Supports in Schools
- Parent and Community Centered Engagement
- Funding for DC Schools
- DC School Budgets
- At-Risk Funding in DC Schools
- The Power in Our DC Public Education System
- Public Schools in DC: DCPS and Charter Schools
- Policy Rundown 2017
- Community-Centered Leadership Selection
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and DC’s State Education Plan
- The Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the State School Report Card
- Out of School Time (OST) Programs
- Special Education
- Great Schools in Every Ward
- School Discipline
- School Health
- Safe Passage